All Together August at St. Paul’s
United Methodist Church
What is it?
We will worship All Together on August 11, 18, and 25th in the Sanctuary at 11:00 am! Rather than 3 English services and 1 African language service, we will all join together for these 3 weeks. Language translation will allow all of us to worship and participate. Music, art, and food will bring us together too!
So, if you’re in the habit of early church, you can relax and sleep in a bit, or, come early for coffee, or join one of our adult Sunday School classes who plan to meet at 9:30 am!
Adult Classes include:
- Lifelines: 9:30-10:30 am
- Kum Disciple: 9:30-10:30 am
- Compass: 9:30-10:30 am
- Shalom: 9:45-10:45 am
Why are we changing worship for these 3 weeks?
Your Worship Committee, African National Board, and your Church Council were each inspired by the idea of coming together for worship for 3 weeks in August. The vision is to create a vibrant worship opportunity in a celebratory, multi-cultural way. We’ll get a chance to know each other a bit more too!
What about lunch?
Following worship at 12:15, for the first 2 weeks, we’ll invite everyone to share a light lunch in the Wesley Center.
- On August 11th, our lunch menu will be a simple American meal.
- On August 18th, our lunch menu will be a simple African meal.
- Free will donations will help with the cost of food.
- We’re seeaking a few people to help with both of these lunches, so please contact Pastor Sherrie (email@example.com) to let her know if you can help with preparations, serving or clean-up.
Will I be glad I came?
Absolutely! Mark your calendars. Invite neighbors for this special gathering of God’s people!