Update from the Building Committee
October 20, 2016
As this is being written, much renovation related activity is evident in and around St. Paul’s.
Volunteers have contributed hundreds of hours to ready our education wing for asbestos abatement, sprinkler system (fire safety) piping work, and transformational remodeling. They have…
- Moved shelving units, furniture, and thousands of books out of the library
- Moved furniture, supplies, resource materials, etc., from all rooms slated for renovation
- Removed countless marker boards, bulletin boards, TV’s, clocks, pictures, selected cabinets, and so-on from walls and placed them in storage
- Moved key items from the Nursery into Room 117
- Most items to be stored were moved into rooms that are not being renovated. These items had to be placed carefully, to leave ‘aisles’ so workers will have ready access to ceilings for sprinkler system installation.
You may have noticed that Contractors’ large storage containers are being moved onto the property -- some are currently located near the Annex.
All required UMC approvals have been granted, and Cedar Rapids city-related approvals and permit(s) are being obtained. Design documents have been reviewed, and there are ongoing coordination meetings with and among our architects, general contractor, subcontractors, and engineering firms.
We want to sincerely thank all whose contributions are up to date with their Forward in Faith pledge. If you are able to accelerate your contributions for the balance of your pledge, this will help minimize the amount of money we’ll need to borrow during the construction phase, thereby reducing interest expense.
If your contributions are not up to date with the Forward in Faith pledge you made, now would be a great time to make that happen. If you have not yet made a pledge to this exciting project, now is the time to do so!
Here we go! Be “flexible”. We’re moving Forward in Faith!
View revised floor plans.
View parking & accessibility.