Reports to: Pastor
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church is one of the oldest and most respected churches in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. As a congregation, we are committed to service to our community and beyond. St. Paul’s enthusiastically supports ministries that are focused in the faith development and outreach of members, lived out in service to the church, community, and the world. Check out the church website www.stpaulsumc.org and look at our newsletters.
The African Nationals Choir Director will be responsible for directing the choirs for St. Paul’s African Nationals worship services and occasional special services.
The African Nationals Choir Director is expected to:
- Select appropriate music for the African Nationals worship services
- Conduct choir rehearsals, identifying and encouraging the musical gifts of St. Paul’s singers and musicians, and preparing them to perform the music well
- Choirs rehearse:
- Zion (Youth) Thursday 5:30 – 7:00PM and Saturday 2:30-3:30 PM.
- Jerusalem (adult), Friday 5:00 -7PM and Saturday 4:30 – 5:30 PM.
- Sanctuary (adult and youth) 3:30- 4:30 PM Saturday
- Sunday school 1:00 – 2:30 PM Saturday
- Services are 5:30-7:00 pm Saturdays, and 12:30 to 3:00 pm Sundays
- Direct the choir as it provides its music ministry during the African Nationals services and occasional special services
- Work with the Coordinator of Music Ministries as needed
- Care for any musical instruments needed
- If any emergencies arise, communicate with the pastors and secure replacements for music leaders for the services and rehearsals missed.
- Form a combined youth choir from St. Paul’s African and English speaking congregations to perform together in English and Swahili
- Cooperative, friendly, spiritual, flexible with situations, communicative
- Knowledge and skill in music appropriate for this position
Contact Information: Lynae Rammelsberg (email@example.com) or 319-363-2058. Interested applicants should provide a completed St. Paul's United Methodist Church application for employment form (found on the church website or on paper in the church office) and a resume to Lynae Rammelsberg at the church office by August 30, 2022.