We are looking to expand our tech team for our 9 am worship service to ensure we can continue to make our services available to the wider world. We have an urgent call for audio techs. Our skilled volunteers will happily train you, and if we can get a couple people, no one will serve any more than once a month. Please reach out to Pastor Jonathan if you are interested and willing to learn!
Join the fight against world hunger for the annual Cedar Rapids-Marion area CROP Walk. The intergenerational group from St. Paul's will gather with people from other area houses of worship at Thomas Park, Sunday, October 8 at 1:00 pm. The 5 km (3.1 miles) walk will start up the trail at 1:30 pm. To register to walk, or to pledge to support walkers, look for opportunities in the Connection Center, or in Sunday school classes beginning Sunday, September 17, or contact Bruce Nesmith.
Donate Trunks or Candy
St. Paul’s annual Trunk-or-Treat will be held Saturday October 28, 2023 from 2:30-4:00 pm. Last year we had over 500 children and families from the Cedar Rapids community join us for this event. We truly could not do Trunk-or-Treat without you! We need both trunks and candy. If interested in volunteering, click here to sign up. Questions? Contact Becca Nims.
Music Ministry Opportunities
All are welcome to participate in any ensembles regardless of your skill level. In addition, there are opportunities for instrumentalists to participate in music ministry as accompany soloists and instrumental ensembles. Contact Mark Baumann, Coordinator of Music Ministries, for more information. Come, be blessed and inspired as we worship God.
Do you love music? Play Handbells at St. Paul's
Do you or someone you know love the music at St. Paul's and are looking for a low-pressure opportunity to join us? Tower Bells (one of our three handbell ensembles) is looking for new members! No handbell experience required (some basic music reading will help). This group is open to all, and we will teach you what you need to know to be successful. We rehearse Wednesday's from 6:30-7:15 pm in the Bell Room at St. Paul's, and play only one Sunday per month at the 9:00am service. Interested? Email Michael Sauer, Director of Handbell Ministries.
Click here to learn about exciting upcoming events happening at St. Paul's UMC.
- Learn about how to confront Christian Nationalism.
- Learn more about the UMC Social Principles.
- Attend the Fall Laity Day, a special invitation from Bishop Kennetha Bigham-Tsai.
- Experience the contemplative spiritual practice, terra divina.
- No Tricks Here, Only Treats! Join us at Trunk-or-Treat on Saturday, October 28, 2023, from 3:00-4:30 pm! It’s going to be a family-friendly afternoon of fun and treats!
- Wander and view the Mother-Daughter art exhibit on display in the Upper Room Gallery through October 29
- Shop, eat, start your holiday cheer, and join us for Holiday Fair 2023.
- Purchase St. Paul's merchandise online.
- Connect to others with St. Paul's Realm.